Below are the instructions for submitting a ticket to SOMTech. As of December 4th, 2019, VCU has a new ticketing system based on the Cherwell platform. SOMTech is working with the IT Service Management Office to implement a custom SOMTech interface, but at launch, that is not the case. In order to ensure that your ticket arrives at SOMTech and that SOMTech can provide the most efficient support, we strongly encourage you to follow these instructions and include the requested information in each ticket submitted.
- Go to https://itsupport.vcu.edu/
- Click on Click To Login.
- Login to CAS with your VCU eID and eID password (if prompted).
- Click on New IT Support Ticket.
- Depending on the issue, you may want to click on different options, but if you are having a problem with your computer (or can't figure out how to get a ticket to SOMTech), you should click on these options:
- Computing Support
- Hardware and Devices
- Report Issue
- Fill in the form with the relevant information. To improve support, please provide extra SOMTech-specific information as described here: