- For Teaching and Research and non-M.D. Clinical Faculty: All DHHS or other sponsor salary cap cost share is expected to be funded from the base E&G allocation provided to departments by SOM on a fiscal year basis or other department resources as available/appropriate.
- For M.D. Clinical Faculty: any DHHS or other sponsor salary cap cost share associated with an election to devote a larger than originally committed amount of effort to a given project, unless advanced approval by SOM was received.
- Any other program mandated salary or trainee funding cap, unless advanced approval by SOM was received. Examples include:
- K award mechanisms requiring minimum effort levels and funding level caps.
- Sponsor imposed student stipend or tuition caps below our internal rates/standards.
- Programs that require matching funds or any other mandatory cost share requirement.
- Cost sharing of the minimum 1% PI effort (when appropriate for the program being proposed).
SOM Departments will provide funding for voluntary cost share when approved in advance by SOM: