All videos must have ACCURATE closed captioning
Ensure closed captioning is correct when using automated services (i.e. YouTube)
Do not add text to images on videos that are not included in closed captioning. Machines need to be able to read the captions.
Live events need to be captioned within 24 hours
It is not required to have "audio descriptions (johnny walks into an office)" only "closed captions"
- Otranscribe (https://otranscribe.com/) is a free web app that's supposed to make transcription easier.
- https://trint.com/ is an automated transcription service with a cost
- Create Free Subtitles and Capturing using Amara- https://amara.org/en/
- Creating Video and Multimedia (https://www.washington.edu/doit/creating-video-and-multimedia-products-are-accessible-people-sensory-impairments)
- National Center for Accessible Media (http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/web_multimedia/tools-guidelines)
- Do-IT videos (https://www.washington.edu/doit/do-it-videos)