For more information on the VCU web standards on accessibility, go to: http://www.webstandards.vcu.edu/accessibility/.
All new T4 channels are made with the Accessibility Report to be run once daily. If you have a legacy site that this needs to be enabled for please put in a Service Desk ticket.
Add metadata fields into Page Layout
Add metadata into all pages by adding the meta navigation tags into page layouts.
- Open up a page layout and select the T4 Tag Builder
- Add Keywords to the page layout by selecting the keywords T4 tag
- Copy and paste the T4 tag into the header of the page layout within the <head> ... </head>
- Repeat the above steps for description
- To automatically pull the title from the General Tab add the following T4 tag into your page layout:
<title><t4 type="title" /> </title>
- Customize the title by adding the Unit Name after the T4 title tag:
Adding Metadata to pages
- For each page created, select the Metadata Tab. Fill out the relevant information for Description and Keywords. Depending on how your site is setup, you should not have to add a title as this should be automatically generated by the name you give the page in the General Tab.
- Metadata Tab
- Description - Add a description that accurately identifies the content on the page.
- Keywords - Use keywords that accurately identify content on the page.
- Title - Depending on how the site is setup, this usually does not need to be manually entered as it is pulled from the name you give a page in the General Tab.
- Update - After updating metadata, select Update or the changes will not be retained for existing pages.